An update for the Knitting Chart Editor is now available. To install this update;-
- Start up the Knitting Chart Editor.
- Select Tools > Install updates from the main menu.
- The software checks for available updates and shows a dialog box listing the available updates. Select version 2.2.0 and follow the prompts.
- When prompted be sure to agree to the restart of the software so that the new update is incorporated properly.
Update 2.2.0 implements the following features / fixes the following bug;-
- Stretches of repeated stitches can now be ‘annotated’ with a number to indicate the number of repeated stitches. For example, a stretch of 8 ‘knit’ stitches will be annotated with an 8. This saves the knitter from having to count the number of knit ‘cells’ and so makes reading the chart faster and easier. Users can choose whether or not annotations are displayed as well as customise their appearance and location.
- Stiitchmastery now validates a chart to check that the number of stitches from one row to another is valid, that is, the total number of stitches on the needles after a row has been worked should match the total number of stitches needed to work the next row. This feature is particularly useful for spotting missing or incorrect increases or decreases in a chart.
- The initial appearance of Borders can now be customised in an Appearance stylesheet. If necessary, any setting can be overridden later by editing the Border individually.
- Implicit repeats, that is those found by Stitchmastery, when generating the written instructions, can use a wider variety of text templates for the qualifier than before. Previously, all qualifiers were in the format of ‘x ?’ where ? is the number of times that a repeat is worked. Now ‘? times’ and ‘twice’ are also possible if desired.
- The stitches ‘knit 1 elongated thrice’ and purl 1 elongated thrice’ have now been added to the system stitch libraries.
- The description for ‘2/2 LPC’ has been corrected to add the missing ‘2’.
- It is now possible to edit the font used by a Note.
- Mirror Horizontal now correctly handles hidden wrong side rows.
- Issues with editing the name and abbreviation fields in the Edit Stitch dialog have been fixed.
- The help files have been updated to include the new features for annotating repeated stitches and validating charts.