What information do we collect?
This Policy applies to any information that you provide to us when using our websites (“www.stitchmastery.com”), (“www.knitmastery.com”) or our Knitmastery mobile software application (“Knitmastery app”) or which we may collect from you automatically, including if you create a member account, purchase a digital pattern, software or upload or submit any material via our site. It includes:
- Your email and password which you provide when registering for an account.
- Any information you provide when completing a form on our website, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment details and telephone number.
- Details of any transactions made by you through our websites.
- Any communication that you send to us, for example to report a problem or to as a question or raise a concern or make a comment about our websites, website content or software.
- Details of your computer, visits to our websites including, but not limited to, a unique identifier for your computer, traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
What do we use the information for?
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To process transactions for digital patterns and place those patterns in your cloud pattern library store.
- Enable your use of the services available on our websites.
- If you are a designer with digital patterns for sale through the websites, to send you invoices and payments due to you.
- To improve our customer service, websites and software.
- To ensure that content from our websites and software is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To activate the Knitting Chart Editor software and ensure that it is only used by a registered user with a valid activation key.
- If you subscribe to our email newsletter, to send you email relating to updates to our software, products, pattern releases, promotions, special events, upgrade offers and on-off marketing promotions.
We try our best to tailor the content of the newsletters to fit with your stated preferences. If at any time you would like to update those preferences or unsubscribe from our newsletter, we include ‘update your preferences’ and ‘unsubscribe from this list’ links at the bottom of each email.
If you enable push notifications from us on your mobile device, we may send you push notifications relating to updates to our software, products, pattern releases, promotions, special events, upgrade offers and on-off marketing promotions. If at any time you would like to not receive these push notifications you may disable them by changing the settings on your device.
In order to provide certain of the Services we use “cookies”. These are small text files that a website transfers to your browser for added functionality or for tracking your usage of the website. Cookies help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
For example, we use “session cookies” when you add products to your basket, and also to obtain statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns. These are saved to the browser only and disappear when the browser is closed.
We also use “permanent cookies” to remember if you have visited us before; these will stay on your computer after you leave our website.
On most browsers you can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies or by clearing your cookies. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to disable cookies altogether, prevent the addition of new cookies or have a notification sent to you when you receive a new cookie. However, if you disable your cookies, your use of our websites or Services may be adversely affected.
For more information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, professional advisers, agents or contractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
If required to do so by law, we may disclose your personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk) or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and we suggest that you check those policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these third-party sites.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right of access to information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to correct any errors in this information.
Data protection registration
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection registration number is ZA211350.
We are a company registered in Scotland with company number SC532941 whose registered office is at The Moffat Centre, 10 Colinton Road, Edinburgh, EH10 5DT, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 203338250. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com